Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Are they biting?


Oh, Blogger, how I love thee. Thou lettest me put pictures up from my computer, without charging me money to do so. Blogger is good. Alas and alack, I am not on my own computer right now, so my picture supply is limited, especially since I forgot my beautiful jump-drive on this weekend jaunt to Philly. I will gloat and giggle with glee that I can get to my dad's gator picture. For you logistic-o-philes, it's at the dead fish tower in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Dad likes Southeast Asia. A lot.

My family has this long-standing joke with things that bite. It started out on a school camping trip that my dad chaperoned while my brother was a 6th-grader. As is normal for sixth-grade boys, they started screwing around late at night, after "lights out." My dad, being the affable, reasonable chaperone that he is, said,
"Come on guys, do you want Mr. Shereddy to come over here and yell at us?"
(yes, the man's name really was Mr. Shereddy. Pronounced like "Shred" with an extra "er" in the middle. and an "eee" on the end.)
My brother's giggly, ecstatic sixth grade response?

"Are the Shereddies biting tonight?"

I guess something about the way he said it cracked everyone up, and it still cracks my family up to tell the story. So we have lots of fun finding pictures of things that bite and sending them to each other. This is one of those pictures. That and it's just a really cool picture of gators doing... gator stuff. They look happy.

For some unknown reason, certain small breeds of dogs that tend to bark a lot (excluding dachshunds) have also earned "Shereddy" status. They are known as Shereddy-dogs.

This is not a Shereddy-dog. It is Cinnamon, trying to lick the camera lens. She does not bite.

Oooh, I love this picture thing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer said...

Pictures are COOL! Your comments are fun. Hopefully the Shereddies are not bitting today.

June 29, 2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger Sonja said...

Ha! Cute. :-) Love your puppy.

June 29, 2005 4:30 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Heehee, Shreddies . . . that's too funny. And Cinnamon is adorable - I will have to meet her in person some day. :)

I love and miss you TONS!

*big hugs*
~Jess

June 30, 2005 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home