Friday, June 24, 2005

Here I am, in Philly, typing a blog. I just finished a glass of wine - Banrock Station Cabernet Sauvignon, to be exact. Maybe I'm not a very good wine drinker, but I especially like this stuff. I am in looooove with red wine. It has to be my very favorite drink ever. And now I'm starting to feel it.

This weekend is packing weekend for me. I have to get all (the rest of) my stuff into my little tiny, beautiful 1997 Corolla, and then drive it up to Binghamton so I can store it temporarily at my parents so then I can move it to my new apartment, which I have yet to see.

Wednesday I'm going to go sign the papers for my job and look at apartments in the near vicinity. I'm hoping to find something - especially since this place has NO apartment listings on the net, except for senior-citizen and/or assisted living.

My mother has lilies in the back yard. The orange kind.

She also has the pale orange, peachy ones.

I like these lilies. They provided me an excellent way to test out my daddy's new digicam, which is veeeeery sweet.

I also have been playing a lot of my dad's guitar lately. I feel a connection to him when I do this. I also get very pensive. My dad took this picture after he had taught me this nifty-cool ornament to use between a C and D chord. It took forever for me to learn, but I've almost got it. I've also almost got his trick of going way up the neck on this one song he did.

And now, it is time for bed. The bed I called home for so long, but now isn't home. It's weird - now that I've moved out of this place -- at least partially -- I can see more flaws in it. I can see the sagging ceilings (!!), the seams along the walls, the dents from the carpenter's hammers that never got spackled, the leaks in the ceiling... etc. It's a pretty badly-built place. I'm looking forward to finding a new place. I'm sad that it won't be a home with JJ for a while. But it is bedtime.

Good night, my someones...

3 Comments:

Anonymous James said...

Wow, Em, this is newsy for you. Maybe this is the place for you.

June 25, 2005 4:23 PM  
Blogger Sonja said...

Love those pictures! I especially like the guitar one.

Your lilly picture inspired me to go take some pictures of my back yard. Maybe tomorrow. :-)

June 26, 2005 9:09 PM  
Anonymous forklift said...

Blogger has certainly given you the gift of gab...

Or maybe the Cab made you gab...

Oh, I kill me...

June 27, 2005 4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home