Tuesday, July 05, 2005

making it a home


So I got my kitchen appliances today. A stove and a fridge. It turned out to be quite an easy search, because I just looked around and found what I wanted. I'm pleased with my fridge, even though the picture doesn't show the inside of it... It has 2 crisper drawers (oh boy!) with humidity controls (oooh, ahh), and a "Deli/snack drawer." Which is a drawer right below where I usually put the milk. Adjustable shelves, bien sur, and they're clear, too. Happy happy joy joy!



I also got my stove. Gas stove. I like gas. Never thought I would, because I'm paranoid about gas leaks, but... they boil water so quickly, and they make the best darn scrambled eggs... and they're easier for me to clean. So I'm happy. I thought about getting an electric for a while, but my main reason for not getting one was paranoia that it wouldn't be set up right, but I'm trusting Papa to do it correctly. He talked through it eloquently enough that I really do honestly trust him. And then I'll be able to cook. Yeah, baby.



Yesterday was a 4th of July party at our neighbors'. It was quite fun, but I'm totally socialized out. In the past 4 days I've been to a wedding, then I spent the next day socializing in the park, and then the next day I went to this party. Now, my parents have left for their semi-annual vacation for 2 weeks, and the weenie dog is at the "resort" (aka dogsitter), and I'm all alone. It's a big change from the other day, but I think I'll be all right. For now I'm going to curl up and be alone and antisocial, and do what I want for a few days. Then I'll start being responsible again.

Yes, my 4th of July pictures will be posted as soon as I get them uploaded. There's an especially cute shot of the dog in the pool. She didn't like it. Not one bit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

All good news, my dear - YAY for you! :)

I miss you bunches . . . wish I could get the time off to come visit you while you're home for the next 2 weeks! :( Well, know that you're always welcome here. Hopefully we'll figure out something before the end of the summer.

I'll give you a call at the end of this week. Love you, beautiful - keep shining! :)

July 05, 2005 4:56 PM  
Blogger JenniferJ said...

Yeah! They look great. I am sure they will serve you well. Hopefully they will heat that which needs to be heated and keep cool/frozen that which needs to be cool/frozen.

July 06, 2005 11:32 AM  
Blogger Sonja said...

Cute. :-) Love your appliances!

July 08, 2005 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home