Friday, July 29, 2005

quotes!

A few quotes from our recent trip to Washington DC:

Jody: Are those porti-potties?
me: um, no, I think it's the World War II Memorial.

context for the next one:
My mom called, and we were battling traffic on I-95. I was explaining this to her.

me: We've been averaging 20-25 miles per hour the whole trip so far.
Mom: well, I guess that's better than being in a traffic jam.

It was a fun trip! Now, JJ's parents meet my mother. JJ's parents are leisurely and friendly and happy people. My mom is perpetually in a hurry. This promises to be... interesting. At the very least, there will be a few laughs. teehee!

4 Comments:

Anonymous James said...

Averaging 20 to 25 mph. I was somewhat gratified to know this isn't the only place with freeway congestion.

July 31, 2005 11:53 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

You are so sweet . . . I can't even begin to tell you how much your words and you love (as well as Jenn's, your mom's, and Jenn's family's) made my morning, and made me smile.

I can't wait to catch up with you tonight. I MISS YOU!!

And by the way - lots of love right back at all of you *BIG hugs*

August 01, 2005 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm out of the loop. Tried the link at your site on xanga and I found you here. Interesting place. :-)

August 01, 2005 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey wait, I'm not anonymous and pprjayo http://www.xanga.com/private/home.aspx

August 01, 2005 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home