Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Home.


I have a new home. I am here now, sitting on my green carpet, because at the moment I am senza desk (thank heaven for laptops). Anyway, pictures. I want to show off my new home. It's exactly what I want in a home. So the tour begins. Welcome to Deposit, NY. Welcome to my house. The whole thing isn't mine; it's shared with 3 other families. My windows are on the first floor on the right in this picture. Notice the flowers and the white picket fences. I was as tickled as Sonja was to have white picket fences. hurrah!


Our tour continues by going in the front door into the front entryway, which is covered in... red and white velvet wallpaper. Dad calls it whore-house wallpaper, but that's because he had the same stuff in the entryway of a really sleazy apartment he had once. But in this house, it's old-fashioned and quaint and cute and stuff. My doors are on the right wall. The first one is vestigial (sorta), but the second one works. The second goes into my living room.



This is the living room. The door on the left is the aforementioned door. The doorways look into a sunporch (on the right) and a kitchen (on the left).
The other side of the living room has shelves and a TV and stuff, as you can see. It's so nice and homey and antique-y.

And more than anything, I love my built-in hutch. It's soooo cute. I still haven't figured out what to put in it, but I luuuuuurve it.

Cinnamon likes the couch best. I wish I could have her stay, but she would miss her Mommy (whose leg is seen here) and Daddy.





And my kitchen... I love my kitchen. The stove is now in its proper place, because Dad finally hooked it up and now I have gas (huh huh, she said gas). There is NO counter space, but it's still livable, because it's so purty. And white. have you noticed the white? Okay then. I know it seems colorless, but my very first apartment was almost all white, with touches of color here and there, and because of it, I have developed an abnormal affection for white paint. So when I saw how white this house was, I was happy.


And here is where I sleep. Note the aforementioned slightly vestigial door. Note the wood paneling on the walls. The living room has the same walls, except they're painted white. And I know the carpet is hideous, putrid green, but for some reason it doesn't offend me all that much, if at all. That alone impresses me, because normally I place a lot of emphasis on color. But here it just seems natural. Kinda grass-like. And because everything I own comes together so nicely with the carpet, I'm happy.

Things I know that I will complain about in the future:

  • There is NO counter-space. Period. At all.
  • There is one closet, and it's a utility closet on the porch. You can see the other excuse for a closet that I have in the bedroom, which is a quasi-wardrobe, but with no place to hang things like full-length dresses. So I'm thinking of trying to rig something up, but I haven't figured out what yet, or how.

But all that is okay. For now I'm going to sit on my porch....

and enjoy the magnificent scenery in this area.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sonja said...

So happy for you! What an adorable little place.

August 09, 2005 3:30 PM  
Blogger John said...

The house looks really nice. And its good you're in Deposit, its a little better than Hancock proper. :)

And I will say this. The scenery in the area is beautiful. Very very beautiful.

August 09, 2005 4:24 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Oh Em!! What a wonderful place you've got there! It is so YOU . . . as I was reading your descriptions and looking at the pictures, I just felt her (yes, I've decided your home is a her ;) hey, no laughing!) whispering to me, "I'm Emily's home now." :)

I hope at some point to be able to come visit you there and take in the beauty. I am so happy for you!

Miss and love you bunches - I will give you a call soon. *big hugs*

August 09, 2005 8:55 PM  
Anonymous James said...

It's beautiful, Em. Kind of bittersweet to have you leave xanga though. So many years together it makes me feel a little sad. But I'm happy you are happy.

August 12, 2005 4:47 PM  
Anonymous forklift said...

Beautiful place.

By "real women", what I mean is, these women are totally unenhanced, and don't keep an unhealthy lifestyle in order to maintain some kind of "ideal" of what beauty is.
My wife can put away a plate of BBQ with the best of 'em, and she's also thin.
She's also as real as it gets.

August 14, 2005 6:24 AM  
Anonymous Michel said...

Eh bien Emily , ton appartement est spacieux , net et confortable . On est un peu ébloui .
J ' espère que tu ne nous oublieras pas sur Xanga
Amitié à toi
Michel

August 17, 2005 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home