Tuesday, August 30, 2005

industrial resolution

Today I woke up ready to conquer the world. Maybe because I read JJ's friend Moe's blog about competing in a triathalon, maybe because I know I have a lot to do. But Moe is an inspiration. I mean, a triathalon?! I think it's amazing if I run for half a block, let alone run, swim, and do something else (I think that's what they're made of?). I need to fix that about myself, but more on that later.

It's raining here in Deposit. It goes between gentle, beautiful downpour (the kind the farmers pray for) and a tiny drizzle while the world outside looks so WET. It smells wonderful.

Today I have to go into school and accomplish a bunch of things. I enjoy making lists to help myself organize, so here goes:

Today's list:
substitute teacher folders for the MS-HS and elementary buildings
make sure I know what I have in the elementary classroom, browse textbooks (if I have any)
practice piano lots and lots
meet with HS principal about my syllabi for choruses and other questions
more curriculum-mapping
turn in my music room rules to my elementary principal
come home and practice guitar lots and lots, because my calluses are shot. :(
de-stink my one classroom

The list for what I must accomplish this week:
finish my elementary curriculum maps
figure out a way to type up said curriculum maps
be able to play at least half of the music I'm trying to play
requisitions for new music
requisitions for supplies
vacuum lots and lots
de-stink the classroom.

I have a small glitch in my life. It's called a stinky classroom. Literally, this room smells like rotting library paste. I've searched all the closets to see if there is a jar of rotting library paste, but I'm afraid there's not. My theory is that it's just a bunch of old, dusty paper shut in a room for a while. But here's my question: does anyone know how to de-stink a room? The method is not allowed to include fire, explosives, or removing the said old paper from the room, because we're not allowed to throw any music away. I'm thinking some kind of Neutra-air product? But if there are other ideas, please to tell me!!

Thanks.

On to work now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonja said...

Febreeze, my darling! Or Oust works well if you have no fabric to spray.

August 30, 2005 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home