Friday, September 23, 2005

meme-ing

Who the hell came up with the word "meme?" What does it mean? ugh.

Anyway, I got tagged by wonderful Trusty Getto (see the link on the right because I'm too lazy to type all that A HREF nonsense right now), and so here are my results:

MEME from Perverted Republican's site:
1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?
Heck no! I go to the grocery store as I am and could care less if I run into someone. Sadly, the grocery store I frequent is the child of the store where I once worked, so many of my former coworkers are there, and they always say hello and ask me about my life. I don't care about giving them insipid details, because I already do that on a blog. I should just hand them a a card with my blog URL.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?
Nope. I don't even own any photo or graphic software.

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?
No. Who does?

4. Do you lie in your blog?
Only if I don't know the truth myself.

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?
I don't know, because I'm not sure what passive-aggressive really means.

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?
No, because I don't really consider this quality writing. I wish I had kept up writing as a hobby, but unfortunately, I'm too apathetic. And, at the moment, too doped-out on NyQuil to care about anything.

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?
Not right now. Sometimes I think it would be fun to have a therapist again, because I felt better by having someone to listen to my problems who was also legally bound to confidentiality.

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?
Yes, I delete mean ones, because I don't like to look at them. How do you fake a nice comment???

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after?
I'm embarrassed to say this, but I'm not sure exactly what this means. If it means self-pleasuring, heck no!

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?
If they could stand my too-much-talking, moodiness, and anti-social after-school behavior.

11. Do you have a job?
Yes. I teach children music. Or at least, I try.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?
Mayyyyyyybe. If I blogged full-time, though, I wouldn't have many other experiences to bring to my blog, which would make it boring. And then I'd get fired. So probably not.

13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life?
Sonja. I've been reading her the longest, and she looks like a good ol' friend of mine. That and she cracks me up.

14. Which bloggers have you made out with?
umm... none of your business! I try not to kiss and tell.

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?
I hope I act like I have enough, and that people don't think anything about money when they see me.

16. Does your family read your blog?
Only my cousin, and since I moved away from xanga, I'm not sure how often he reads. But I don't want the rest of my family reading it.

17. How old is your blog?
This one is in its fourth month. My xanga site was alive and well for over 4 years, but it's all but shut down now.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?
Heck no, and I don't care.

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?No. I used to have a secret blog, but I stopped using it, because I knew people would find it.

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?
No...

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?
I definitely don't earn ANY money for blogging.

22. Is blogging narcissistic?
Sometimes. But I think it's more like a venting place for me. I do love getting comments though. I really do. I see how many comments I get, and I think "yippee!" That seems narcissistic.

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?
Sometimes. But it's MY blog. nyeh.

24. Do you like John Mayer?
I've liked some of his songs, but I don't actively like the guy. I always thought his voice was pretty crummy but his chords were pretty cool compared to what else I heard on the radio.

25. Do you have enemies?
I'm a teacher of high-school and junior-high school students. They will declare me the enemy even if I don't know. So, yes. It comes with the territory. Which is sad, because I'm trying to make their lives better. Ironic, isn't it?

26. Are you lonely?
Sometimes. But lately I'm more antisocial, because I deal with people all stinking day.

27. Why bother?
Because it's interesting to see where life takes us. And if we don't bother, we always remember that we didn't, and wonder how much better we could have done/been. I'm using "we" to describe what has happened with my life. I figure I might as well do the best I can, since it has to be done anyway.

And now I'm exhausted and I need more Sudafed.

No, Trusty, I didn't take the day off. I went to school, sneezed, taught, did work, drove 27 miles to my parents' town to visit friends, realized I left my wallet at home, drove back home, drove back to my parents' house. Yes. today. And I'm still blogging. Tomorrow I rest.

Gnite!

4 Comments:

Blogger trusty getto said...

I think it's fantastic that you teach music to kids. My undergrad degree is in music composition, and my first career, before law, was in music. I can't imagine my life w/o it!

September 23, 2005 9:50 PM  
Blogger trusty getto said...

Oh, and btw, a meme is:

A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.

From Answers.com

September 23, 2005 9:52 PM  
Blogger Sonja said...

How cute. :-) I might have to steal it.

Hope you're feeling better!

September 26, 2005 3:10 PM  
Anonymous tanya said...

I always assumed 'meme' was a ripoff from the french...I always think of "Moi-meme" when I think of an internet/blog meme. Typically, they're about one's self.

September 26, 2005 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home