Tuesday, September 13, 2005

soulmates.

For the past few days I've disappeared because I'm so tired after working all day. I am tired right now, and it's only Tuesday... ugh! At least NCIS is on tonight. :)

I've done a lot of hard and fast thinking and discovering lately, and I have figured out this:

I have a soulmate.
We belong together.

No change that I ever make in my life could make being apart from my soulmate seem like the "right" thing to do. I spent the past week or so trying to act on someone's attraction to me, and it doesn't work, because he's not my soulmate. Sure, he's a heck of a nice guy, but we do not belong together.

I belong where my soulmate is.

I kept thinking that it was nice to date a man, because I could show him off to my friends and introduce him as a romantic partner. He was attractive, too, so I wasn't worried about that. But he wasn't (and isn't) my soulmate. And the idea of making a life with anyone other than my soulmate is just wrong.

Every time I tried to think about the future, my soulmate was in it. I couldn't get her out. My inability to get her out was a huge comfort to me during some rough times.

I finally discovered this. And I am so glad that I did.

I love you, soulmate. You know who you are.

3 Comments:

Anonymous jersy_grl said...

good for you! i hope it works out.

September 13, 2005 6:45 PM  
Blogger trusty getto said...

How beautiful.

I'm still searching for mine :(

September 13, 2005 9:22 PM  
Blogger Sonja said...

Sweet. :-)

September 14, 2005 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home