Wednesday, October 12, 2005

back

Back I am, and ready and rearin' to go.

What a wonderful, fulfilling, relaxing, amazing weekend.

I still sometimes sit back in a state of perma-wonder about JJ. What the heck I ever did to deserve the friendship of someone so beautiful, so brilliant, is beyond me. But I have her affection, and I feel so completely honored and amazed to have it. It is, indeed, a rare and precious gift.

We had a lovely time. We ran around Greensboro a bit, and I got to see more of her world, and her lovely new apartment. Greensboro is a lovely place. I could do without the heat of their summers, but I greatly enjoyed the omnipresence of trees and greenery. And... shopping. I forgot how much I enjoyed shopping in Philly. Greensboro is even better. I freely coveted (and almost bought) a pair of shoes that would serve me well teaching, but, alas, they didn't have my size. Better for my budget, though, that's for sure.

Maybe next time I'm there I can get them. They WERE lovely.

Anyway: now I'm back into the swing of things in ye olde Hancocke, and things are going well. Except for a few things I've learned in the past few days:
1. Don't eat the tacos from the cafeteria. ever. starve first.
2. Own an umbrella, especially if you have bus duty.
3. Nowadays, children know the difference between pink and salmon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonja said...

Dude, I am so slack. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew you were going to be in Greensboro this weekend and it just didn't register. I am like 40 minutes away and my sister is even closer. Next time, we should do dinner or something.

October 12, 2005 2:31 PM  
Blogger trusty getto said...

Those are the *best* kinds of friends to have, aren't they? Very, very cool. :)

October 13, 2005 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Michel said...

Cela fait plaisir d ' entendre quelqu 'un dire qu' elle est contente . C ' étaait vraiment un bon week end
Amitié à toi Emily
Michel

October 14, 2005 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home