Sunday, November 27, 2005

back to the grind

Well, Thanksgiving was wonderful, fabulous, enjoyable, and quite filling, but now it's Sunday afternoon, which means it's back to the daily grind. And we're not talking coffee.

In my innate inability to keep track of dates, I forgot about several things that are happening the week of my first concert:

  • a half-day of school, and thus shortened rehearsals that day
  • a day where the entire middle school chorus will miss class because they'll be on a field trip
  • parent conferences from 1-8 pm on the half-day of school

Fun. Plus I just got myself another cold (do all teachers go through this perma-plague the first year?) and so I don't feel so hot. Good news is that I have a doc's appointment on Wednesday that will get me my long-overdue girly exam, a flu shot, and a general physical/meds recheck. And that way I'll get more of the magic stomach pills too.

Now, to stop complaining, because I have many a good thing to talk about too. In keeping with the Thanksgiving cliché, here are the things for which I am thankful:

  • JJ coming up to visit. It was wonderful to see her again, and to hug her and physically feel that she's alive and well.
  • Dad's fabulously amazing cooking. He outdoes himself every time he gets near the stove.
  • Good friends and funny games. (Ever play Dirty Minds? It's a hoot.)
  • going on a small shopping excursion with my mom and JJ on Black Friday. We had a good, girly day. (Home Depot + Tom's + Bad Breath and Beyond = fun shopping!)
  • Mama Giuseppa's and the dinners they serve there (That was Saturday.)
  • The new Harry Potter movie
  • Barnes and Noble

Soon I hope to have pictures of the aftermath of our Black-Friday dinner of Dad's famous potroast, but I have to wait until he finishes messing with the photos.

So. For now, that is all. I'm off to buy necessities at ye olde Targete, and then I'm off to relax for a few hours before heading back home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonja said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you had a good one. :-)

November 27, 2005 2:52 PM  
Blogger Moe said...

Bad Breath and Beyond...I love that! Hope you get to feeling better.

November 27, 2005 7:10 PM  
Blogger trusty getto said...

Dontcha just *love* those parent/teacher conferences? Nothing brightens the day quite like those ;)

November 29, 2005 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home