Wednesday, November 09, 2005

How far?

It appears that the middle-schoolers here are having a bad week. It has been crazy. Normally if I keep them busy, they stay under control. Now it's getting out of hand. I'd swear that yesterday was cursed. And I'm not the only teacher noticing this.

Anyway.

I met with my principal yesterday about a previous observation, and we talked good things, bad things, in-between things... and classroom management. He gave me something to think about:

How far does a student have to go to get in trouble? Where's my line? How does one cross that line?

I thought this would be an easy question to answer, and I'm finding that it's not.

I don't know where my line is. I just know when it's crossed.

Guess I'd better find it.

1 Comments:

Blogger trusty getto said...

'Tis hard to define. It's one of those, know it when you see it kind of things.

November 09, 2005 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home