Thursday, November 03, 2005

social

Tomorrow is a big day.

It's Friday, and the busiest day on my schedule.

There's a performance by the kindergarteners at 1 pm, and I play guitar while they sing "Home on the Range" and then they do a little line dance to "Achy Breaky Heart." It'll be cute and pathetic and sweet, and oh, so childish.

After school, some of the teachers and I will go to Lydia's and drink our drinks of choice. I usually get some onion rings, because by the time after-school hits, I'm famished. We'll drink and laugh and be merry, and then Karley (English teacher) and I will go to Carmella's (another English teacher) house and be merry.

At 7 pm, the middle schoolers put on Circus Gigantus! They've been working with two real-live circus performers all week, and have since learned how to juggle, spin plates, walk on stilts, stand on a big ball, etc. It will be cute and funny.

After that, I believe Karley and I are going to Carmella's again and being silly and crazy. It works for me.

Whatever tomorrow has in store, I'm ready for it. I'll be bodaciously, rebelliously sexy for no one particular in my black Thai silk shirt and my jeans that bring out the shape of my butt. I'll be wearing Blue perfume on my wrists and a ring on my hand, thus proclaiming just who I am sexy for. I will have Sudafed flowing freely through my system to counteract the cold I've been fighting all week.

And I will laugh and socialize and be merry.

Saturday I will go to my parents and rest again until Sunday, when I come back here and do it all over for a week.

My windows are open right now in an effort to get the heat out of my place. Big old charming houses are nice until they get overheated from the too-many radiators in too small a space. So I have all the radiators turned off and the windows open, and now it's almost down to room temperature.

Almost. Never mind that at this precise moment in time, it's 55 outside and is supposed to go down to 40. My windows will be open, and if I get cold, I'll have a blanket on, dammit.

Bring on the winter. It's too late in coming.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Molly said...

well, it sounds like tomorrow night will be fun indeed. i laffed when i read that you'll have Sudafed running through you, after reading about silk blouses and perfume :-) i know what it's like though to look forward to spending times with friends just talking and laughing. on saturday night i'll go to a small party and sit and drink, joke and laff a lot. take care. ~ m

November 03, 2005 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Michel said...

Quand tu liras ce commentaire tu commenceras à te péparer pour aller au jardin d ' enfants .
Ce sera une journée chargée ce Vendredi mais tellement agréable !
J ' ai posté une partition de musique ancienne . J ' ai pensé que cela t 'intéresserait .
Amitié à toi
Michel

November 04, 2005 12:07 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yay - that sounds like a wonderful day, and weekend, you have planned! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

You know I'm not a big fan of winter, so I'll keep my "I can't stand the snow and ice" comments to myself. Heehee.

I miss you, lady - I'm sorry I've been so out-of-touch lately. Busy, busy, busy . . . Good, but definitely busy. ;) I'd love to catch up with you some time - it will be good to hear your voice!

Love you, sweetheart - Have a blast today, and talk to you soon! *big hugs*

November 04, 2005 7:48 AM  
Blogger JenniferJ said...

Wow...what a day you have planned. All that and a circus, too!

Have fun.

November 04, 2005 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Michel said...

Emilie tu me demandes si le livre que j ' ai photographié est le liber usualis . Non Il s ' agit d 'un livre édité en 1922 appelé " Paroissien romain " qui me vient d ' un oncle qui était chantre dans une église .
Plus récemment en 1997 j ' ai acheté le " Graduale romanum " qui donne tous les chants grégoriens des Dimanches et fêtes mais d 'une façon adaptée à la nouvelle liturgie ( Vatican II ) . Le chant Gaudeamus omnes de la Toussaint y figure .( à la Toussaint .
J ' ai regardé sur Internet à propos de liber usualis et à ma grande surprise il ne parle pas des chants de la Toussaint ( All Saints Day ) . A moins que j ' ai mal lu !!!! Il ne parle pas non plus du Gaudeamus !!!!
Le Gaudeamus est un des trésors de la liturgie et de la musique sacrée .
Amitié à toi
Michel

November 05, 2005 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home