Thursday, December 01, 2005

concert

Tonight is my first concert.

Every adjective for insanely, irrationally, deathly nervous comes to mind.

I am all of those things.

I can't take a middle-schooler's joke today... and stuff is not rolling off my back. It's just irritating me.

I need time to myself to prepare for this. Not musically, not physically. Emotionally.

Then tomorrow is hellish kindergartener and hellish 4th grader day.

If tomorrow were NOT Friday, I'd be a lot grumpier. But it is, so I'm not.

I'm worrying about things beyond my control again. Oh well.

I'll be wearing my bodacious black dress that I haven't touched since undergrad (dear God, I hope it still fits), and my black dressy shoes. And earrings and makeup.

yeccch.

But I'll be charming tonight. Really I will.

1 Comments:

Blogger trusty getto said...

I suffer stage fright, too.

Interestingly, I still get nervous prior to performing, but I can walk in and start a jury trial without batting an eye. Weird, isn't it?

December 02, 2005 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home