Tuesday, December 20, 2005

look no further than the mirror

If what they say is true, that those who annoy us most are extensions of our own selves, then I'm scared.

The people that annoy me most are pretty scary people. People I want to be nothing like. At all.

It frightens me to think that I may be just like that.

How annoying and self-centered and snotty am I? What kind of terribly inconsiderate and nasty person am I? How terribly lazy and bad at teaching am I? Am I as uncaring and cruel as the people who annoy me seem to be? I already know I'm possessive. I know I can be pretty hypocritical. These I admit freely.

But I hope like heck that I'm not mean.

I'm scared of myself. I don't want to inflict any of these things on the world.

3 Comments:

Blogger trusty getto said...

Well, if I may . . .

I don't think the people who annoy us are just like us. I think that there are aspects or segements of their personalities that are like ours, and it is those aspects that push our buttons. In other words, the phenomenon is limited, not quite so broad as it may appear.

I don't think you're mean, btw. :)

December 20, 2005 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Michel said...

Que racontes - tu la Emily ?
Moi je peux t ' affirmer que tu es gentille , aimable et serviable .
Nous avons chacun notre personnalité et toi tu as une personnalité attachante .
Je te souhaite un bon Noël
Amitié
Michel

December 21, 2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger Sonja said...

You know, just by the fact that you're worried about being any of those things, I think that means you're probably not. So don't worry. ;-)

December 21, 2005 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home