Friday, December 30, 2005

photos, photos everywhere.


Christmas Eve at Grandpa's was great. I'm going to *try* to put up the Meyer family photos, but I can only hope that they work!

First, there's Grandpa. The sweetest man in the universe. He looks a little tired and stressed here, because Christmas Eve is a VERY confusing and crazy time. But he loves it. Don't let him fool you. :)



Of course, Aunt Janice was there with her camcorder, ready to record everything. Our most embarrassing moments were caught on tape, naturally. This particular picture is of her recording my father taking her picture. When she saw this picture, her immediate response was, "nice nostrils!"








The man in the middle is Uncle Jimmy. He's one of the two most mocked people in the family. One year, Uncle David gave Jimmy a car muffler for Christmas. Since then, the gag gifts for Jimmy have gotten worse and worse. This year it was three pieces of cheese and a Wendy's fork glued to a paper plate. The year before that, it was sporks. Next year, it will be a box of broken glass. My father broke the crystal wine glasses I was going to give to Aunt Janice, so we're just going to tape the box shut (so no shards get out) and re-wrap it. It will be a smash!


Naturally, I sat and laughed heartily at the festivities with my Uncle Pat and my cousin Katie (not shown here, because my dad didn't read my mind and get a photo of them).

Cinnamon was mostly well-behaved, but begged for the occasional cookie and curled up on the couch after the party for a loooooong nap.









More pictures to follow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonja said...

Looks super fun!

December 31, 2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yay, yay, and yay again!!

And by the way, you look wonderful my dear. :)

Love you bunches!!! *hugs*

January 01, 2006 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home