Saturday, January 14, 2006

recuperate


so I spent my very first two sick days ever.

Sometime in the wee-sma's between Wednesday and Thursday, I got SICK. I ended my 15-year no-barfing streak. :( Thursday was physically awful, but JJ was patient with me and took good care of me over the phone while I whined about how miserable I was.

I wanted to go back to school on Friday (sorta), but I was barfy once more on Thursday afternoon, so I decided not to go in. I know I probably could have gone in, but I might have relapsed. Instead I spent the day resting and feeling otherwise grumpy and bored.

Today I fully believe I'm better. I'm hungry (a good thing!), food has been kept down overnight, and other than a stuffy nose, I feel fine. The stuffy nose completely sucks, but it's also not exactly my fault.

I am also learning something lately that needs to stick into my subconscious. It's in my conscious, but I'm not sure if it's made it into the other one yet:

There are ups and downs of life, of love, of relationships, of friendships. You can't "fix" them instantaneously, and that's okay. But you do need to give them time and patience and wait them out. Things will happen the way they're supposed to. Just trust in time.

If I can beat that into my subconscious, that will be fantastic. I'm hoping I can.

Off to blow my nose and eat scrambled eggs. yum!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

*big hugs*

Sending you lots of love and healing energy, my dear . . .

And yes, you are right - life has ups and downs. But a friend of mine has a mantra that I love, and when I remember to use it (especially when things get difficult), it is such a help:

I trust your plan, God. All is well."

Love you, lady. Let's catch up soon, ok? :)

January 14, 2006 5:42 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

It's that time of year. There's a nasty barfer going through our school, and I PRAY it passes me over because I'm deathly afraid of throwing up. A phobia of vomit is called emetephobia.

January 15, 2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger trusty getto said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Emily. Do you at least get MLK day off?

January 15, 2006 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Je suis désolé d ' apprendre qsue tu étais malade la semaine dernière , Emily . Encore heureux que ce n ' était pas la grippe aviaire !!!! ( smile ) . Cela étant dit cette menace est à prendre au sérieux pour nous en Europe .
Amitié à toi
Michel( Fauquet de Xanga )

January 18, 2006 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home