Sunday, January 08, 2006

Yesterday, the following good things happened:
  • my students overcame adverse circumstances and got a real lesson in versatility when they auditioned for the senior high all-county chorus.
  • I handled the adverse circumstances professionally and graciously, and thanked the judges profusely for their help in the problem.
  • I ate a yummy lunch at Friday's with them and laughed and had a good time.
  • I learned some new (popular) music that is waaay cool, thanks be to my students.
  • I sang Pink Floyd songs with Jeremy on the way back to school.
  • I went to church and got to sing pretty music and play my flute with John.
  • I was able to be gracious and friendly to the priest at church, whom I don't particularly love.
  • I had dinner with some friends I haven't seen in ages, thus keeping a new year's resolution. We did a cooperative dinner effort and ate delicious food. I made yummy chicken, Donnina made tasty potatoes and green beans, and John put ice cream in bowls. John also provided his house, so we let him off the hook for responsibility.
  • John fell asleep under the table while watching a movie, which made us all laugh.
  • Cinnamon the weiner dog greeted me with love and affection when I came home.
  • Two BEAUTIFUL cards from JJ were waiting for me when I got to my parents' house.
  • I got to talk to JJ for a long time, and sort out some inner stupidities of my brain. Let's hope the sorting sticks!
  • the J.Crew catalog came - perfect drooling fodder!
  • Friday was payday, so I went through the day knowing that I had money. :)

I'm trying to look at the positive, because I got super-bummed last night. Getting bummed is poisonous, and a vicious cycle. It makes even the good things seem bad.

I have so much to be thankful for. I need to keep that in mind every day.

I was *going* to add pictures, but this computer (not mine) is being quirky, so... I'm not going to after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger trusty getto said...

Keep your chin up, Emily! Sounds like a triumphant day.

BTW, I didn't tag you on yesterday's meme, because I tagged you on the one right before it, so run back over to my blog and check out the Four Things Meme from Thursday, willya?

January 08, 2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I'm so proud of you - gratitude lists are a great way to pick up your mood and to come out of the downward cycle.

We need to see each other soon, girl - I really miss you. *big hugs*

January 08, 2006 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home