Monday, February 27, 2006

Poutine


So what's a poutine? See above. I always liked the sound of the word, so I decided that it would be fun to ask my students what THEY thought it meant (because they're not acquainted with poutine either). The results are as follows:

- a woman's ugly hat
- some kind of specific wig, but we don't know the specifics
- female anatomy, huh huh.
- Chinese food of some sort.
- a foreign article of clothing.
- potato chip flavor (that'd be pretty good, actually)

I need more ideas. Play with the word. What would you assign as a definition for "poutine" if you didn't know what it really meant?

3 Comments:

Anonymous flutesflutesflutes said...

hey there, I missed reading your posts. I hardly drop by since you've stopped writing in your xanga. I like reading your education rants.

Poutine - a goupy french fry concoction :)

Flutesflutesflutes

February 28, 2006 3:42 PM  
Blogger Sonja said...

I'd say fart, but that's just me.

March 03, 2006 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Michel said...

La poutine me disait quelque chose et je suis allé voir sur Google !!
http://www.scarabee.com/TRANCHES/poutine.html
Amitié à toi
michel

March 10, 2006 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home