Sunday, March 12, 2006

de retour


yup, I'm back, after a long absence.

Many reasons.
First: I had a very demanding little dog for about 12 days. Cute, wonderful, and I kinda miss her, but boy oh boy was it ever exhausting.
second: before the dog left, JJ got here. She stayed here after the dog left. It was wonderful, but also very busy.

But, here's a brief photo montage of the happenings of the past week or so.

Last Friday (not this past one, but Friday a week ago), my mom got her head almost-shaved. It was part of some kind of fundraiser effort for school to help Katrina victims. It looks better than I thought it would. She left it grey for a few days, but then she tried to dye it brown again. Trust me when I tell you it looks better grey. The photo shows her head the day she got buzzed.



That was a pretty fun adventure to begin with. But last night, after going out to a very yummy dinner, JJ and I discovered a bag o' hats and wigs in the kitchen. Evidently one of Mom's book-club friends offered the loan of some head-warming devices. JJ and I jumped on it, and so did Mom. Dad found it appropriate to go upstairs and get the camera. The following hilarity ensued.

JJ in purple/pink, me in green, and Mom in rasta-man.



of course, JJ and I thought everything was just hilarious, and laughed heartily while wig-trading.














Mom had a little trouble figuring out the green one, though. She plans to wear it to school on Friday.




Don't hate us because we are beautiful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

LOL, I love it! You look mahvelous, dahling! ;)

. . . and I'm glad you are finally free of the doggy-sitting responsibility.

. . . and did I mention I miss you??? :)

And I'm done. ;) Love you, lady - let's talk soon, ok? *big hugs*

March 13, 2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger trusty getto said...

Wickedly fun. My girlies just *love* the wigs, I've gotta tell ya . . . :)

March 14, 2006 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Michel said...

Oui vous ĂȘtes ravissantes ! :)

March 21, 2006 4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home